for exam 2
Remember the two Cardinal Rules for the exam
Answer the question
Don’t just describe what you see in the work or throw out random facts from the readings or lectures.
Analyze the works
An answer that does not include specific discussion of the form and subject matter of the work shown is certainly not a complete answer.
The second exam will be similar to the first (same format, same timing), and will consist of:
• Some identifications of works on the study guide by artist, title, movement, and date (within 5 years either way). Less than 10 points of the exam grades will be dedicated to dates.
• Some terms, in which I will give you a definition and you will need to give me the associated term.
• Some unknowns, in which I will show you a work and you will need to identify the movement and/or artist as specifically as possible, then give a brief analysis placing the work within the matrix of ideas we have been talking about in class.
• Some 1/2 page slide essays, in which I will show you a single work from the study-guide that you will need to identify and then analyze in relation to a leading question.
• Some full-page slide comparisons, in which I will show you a pair of works to identify and analyze in relation to a leading question.
here are of all the works for exam 1
write artist, title, date & some key concepts on the right side
then fold over to test your knowledge